Are you still eyeballing the contents of your grain cart and other hauling equipment to calculate a weight? Without accurate data, you could be miscalculating land management and losing harvest profits.
Step up your measuring game with Digi-Star’s GT 465, an ISOBUS-compatible system that allows grain cart operators to use the virtual terminal in the tractor cab. The GT 465 is the newest addition to Digi-Star’s field management product line.
“The GT 465 gives producers all the functionality of the GT 460 with the added benefits of enhancing remote visibility and reducing cab clutter,” said Digi-Star product manager Todd Long. “It also comes standard with AutoLog2, allowing operators to pre-set truck capacity and receive an alarm notification when nearing the target weight, in addition to automatically starting and stopping the recording function each time the PTO is engaged.”
Autolog2 software automatically saves harvest weight records and requires minimal training, according to the company. As soon as the PTO shaft starts to spin, a magnetic switch starts telling Autolog2 that your cart is unloading, and it starts recording exactly how much grain is being unloaded.
There are two mounting options for the GT 465: the side of the grain cart, to provide remote visibility for the combine driver; or the front of the cart, so the person in the tractor cab can view it while loading or unloading. Changing trucks or fields is a simple touch of the button on the virtual terminal and all the data is captured on the USB in the GT 465.
Accurate grain cart weighing systems provide these capabilities:
- Measure crop yields
- Compare individual fields, soil types, seed hybrids, fertilizer types, tillage equipment and methods
- Know the exact weight of grain going into and coming out of on-farm storage
- Measure share-cropping shares
- Keep your road loads legal weight
- Measure crop damage for insurance documentation
- Document each and every load
- Gain peace of mind by eliminating guesswork
- Save time by weighing in the field vs. hauling to a platform scale
- Make more informed decisions for managing land for best performance and profitability
More information on Digi-Star is available here.